Our "JANERIC" Brew... Crafted With LOVE Since 4/4/09

Thursday, January 14, 2010

What's Brewing?

IPA (India Pale Ale)!

Eric & I used some of our Christmas money from my parents and purchased a brewing equipment kit. We brewed our first batch on Sunday afternoon. It was lots of fun figuring it out what we needed to do together, and we only had one minor disagreement. I think we did everything more or less right, but already figured out better ways to do things next time. Sorry no pictures... I decided I should concentrate on the actual brewing.

The brew is in the primary fermenter, and we will probably put it in the secondary tomorrow night. I will try to take pictures then if I can. It will stay in the secondary for a couple of weeks, then we bottle, and then it will be ready to drink after it carbonates in the bottles for 2-3 weeks.

We are excited to have ParO'Noyd Brewery actually in operation. Mmmm Beer!

No comments:

Post a Comment