Our "JANERIC" Brew... Crafted With LOVE Since 4/4/09

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Untill we meet again Debbie


Some of you may know this, some of you may not, but our good friend, Nikki, lost her mom, Debbie, a week ago. She battled very hard, but just couldn't overcome a serious illness, Wegener's Granulamatosis,and the complications that resulted from it. It is very sad that she is gone, especially so young. My heart aches for Nikki and her family, but we know that God has taken Debbie to a very special place to be with Him.

Eric & I were able to go to the visitation and funeral earlier this week. The funeral was tough. Nikki and her brother and sister, each got up and spoke about their Mom. The tears were flowing, but I am impressed they got through it, and it was very touching. It hit me kind of hard as well, because well Debbie was pretty much every body's "Mom"... mine included. I was so glad Eric was able to go with me, he was such a great support.

Today when I was dusting, I picked up the above picture that I have in a frame. It took my breath away to realize that Debbie is really gone, but after a few minutes I began to remember how much fun we had when that picture was taken. I have lots a great memories... Debbie was very special, and always brought a smile to my face. Until we meet again...

In the meantime, I ask all of the blog readers to keep Nikki and her family in their prayers.

1 comment: