Our "JANERIC" Brew... Crafted With LOVE Since 4/4/09

Monday, August 10, 2009

The Other #15

Many of you know that I was a bit of a Jim Edmonds fan, and several people have asked how I am dealing with the fact that there is once again another #15 wearing the "Birds on the Bat". Actually I am totally loving the Matt Holliday pick up, the home runs don't hurt that is for sure. I am actually okay with him wearing #15 too. He has been around the league for a few years, and is a solid player so I think he is worthy. If he were some snot-nosed rookie, well that would be different. Also, Jimmy has been gone from STL a few years now, so it is time to move on. Plus Jimmy's nickname was Hollywood, so Holliday somehow seems appropriate.

On another Matt Holliday note, I wish his "at bat" song was Madonna's "Holiday". Normally I wouldn't go with Madonna for "at bat" music, but in this case it seems appropriate. In the meantime, anytime Matt does something good Eric and I just look at each other and sing "Hol(l)iday! Celebrate!"

No comments:

Post a Comment