Our "JANERIC" Brew... Crafted With LOVE Since 4/4/09

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Visitors From Near & Far

There were no road trips last weekend, but we did manage to see lots of friends and family. Jenn, Sidney and Abigail were in town visiting Jenn's brother and sister-in-law and their family for a long weekend. How convenient that I moved to the town where they lived! They came over to see the house on Saturday, and then we went to Dave & Janice's for lunch. On Sunday we had an open-house at our place that Linda and Steff organized for some of Eric's extended family to come and meet me and see our place. It was lots of fun to meet everyone, and get to show them our house. Kudos to Linda and Steff for putting it all together. I still have lots of work to do on the outside, but I am making progress, but the inside is looking pretty good. We finally got some pictures hung and the last of the boxes either unpacked or moved to the basement. We will have more pictures to put up once we get the wedding pics ordered, but it is definitely coming together. Jenn and the girls and her sister, Mary, come over just after the open house for another visit and to say "Hi" to my parents who had come up for the open house. On Monday evening Eric had a meeting, so I went over to hang out with Jenn & the girls one last time before they headed back to Colorado the next day. It was lots of fun to see them again so soon after the wedding. It is kind of cool to see Eric really getting to know them, and them getting to know Eric. On Monday night when I went to visit, Abby asked after about 45 minutes "Hey! Where is Uncle Eric?".

This weekend is going to be a lot less busy. I had a bit of the flu yesterday, and am just now getting back to normal. I may do a little yard work if it isn't too muddy. Eric is out helping at a Scottish Rite event, but other than church that is pretty much all that is planned for this weekend. We are looking forward to some rest and relaxation.

No comments:

Post a Comment