So this is a bit of a catch up blog. Eric & I have been enjoying the spring weather, but the spring weather doesn't like us so much as we have both been battling allergies. After a big rain late last week it seems to be getting better.
Last Tuesday Jeanne drove up and brought with her the pots of perennials that she used to line the aisle at our wedding. I helped her transplant them to a couple of the beds around our house. Hopefully we can keep them alive, especially since they are from our wedding. They mean a little bit more than some plant I picked up at Farm & Fleet. It is a great idea and we look forward to looking at them over the years in our yard and remembering our wedding day. It was lots of fun to hang with Jeanne who stayed over night. Eric cooked chicken for us out on the grill.


Saturday Eric & I braved the wind and cool temperatures Saturday morning to catch Katie and Alec's last soccer games. It was a lot of fun, and they were glad to have some extra fans. We are looking forward to catching a few of their little league games that start up soon. That afternoon we loaded up the car with all sorts of "stuff" to donate to the Eastern Star garage sale. Eric worked the lights for church for the weekend so I dropp
ed him off for the Saturday evening service then did a little shopping. Afterwards we celebrated my birthday a little bit early and went out for a nice dinner at "Miss Mamies". The food was delicious and we shared a bottle of wine, and enjoyed a great "date".
ed him off for the Saturday evening service then did a little shopping. Afterwards we celebrated my birthday a little bit early and went out for a nice dinner at "Miss Mamies". The food was delicious and we shared a bottle of wine, and enjoyed a great "date". Sunday we enjoyed a wonderful cantata at church performed by the choir. In Sunday School they had a birthday cake for me. After lunch and a little nap Sunday afternoon Eric's family came over that evening with birthday cake and ice cream. Two birthday cakes... it was a good birthday. I opened some lovely gifts including a digital picture frame from Eric. Excellent timing because on Friday our wedding photographer let us know our wedding pictures were ready to view online. We are somewhat overw
helmed as there are 623 images! We love them and are so pleased with the results, and Jamie was great to work with too. If you are interested in looking at them you can go to http://jamienewell.smugmug.com/ Click on "your photos" and then click our our wedding. The password is my former (maiden) last name... all in lower case letters. If you don't know my maiden name... well then you probably don't need need or want to look at our wedding pictures.
Well that is it for now... thank you to everyone for the many happy birthday cards, notes and wishes. I had a great day.
I am a terrible horrible friend! Sunday was a circus around here (Tate's baptism) and I completely forgot!
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday--I mean it just as much even if it is a little late!
Sounds like an all around fun birthday weekend! Glad to hear it was enjoyable and relaxing.
ReplyDelete